Upgrade Bassikounou Airstrip
- LOCATION Hodh Ech Chargui Region of Southeastern Mauritania
- CLIENT US Army Corps of Engineer
- DESCRIPTION Design-build project for upgrades to the Bassikounou Airstrip
- SCOPE OF WORK Engineering, Procurement and Construction
- SCHEDULE Completion August 2014
A design-build project for upgrades to the Bassikounou Airstrip an unpaved runway located near Bassikounou, in the Hodh Ech Chargui Region of southeastern Mauritania. The upgrades shall provide a runway capable for operations of C-130 aircraft as well as other aircraft. The airstrip is to be provided with an additional length of approximately 1200 meters for a total length of 2000 meters and turn around areas is required at both ends of the runway.